General Legal Resources

Queensland Independent Complaint Agencies – “It’s OK to complain”  The  government agencies listed on this webpage will listen to you and investigate your complaints about government departments, local councils and private organisations.

On the – this website provides free ‘sold’ property prices of real-estate around Australia.  A very useful site when you are looking at buying or selling your property.

Queensland Law Society (QLS) – is the peak professional body for the state’s solicitors.  There are more than 8500 members throughout Queensland.

The Insolvency and Trustee Service Australia (ITSA) – is the government agency responsible for the administration and regulation of the personal insolvency system in Australia.  If you have unmanageable debts, are a creditor who is owed money, are a trustee or administrator or are currently under personal insolvency administration then this site has information for you.

Legal Aid Queensland – is a statutory authority that provides legal information, advice and representation to financially disadvantaged Queenslanders.  Representation is available to people who meet Legal Aid means and merit test guidelines.    If you live in or around Mooloolaba, your closest Legal Aid office is located in Maroochydore.

Sunshine Coast Law Association (SCLA) – One objective of this organisation is to promote confidence and goodwill between the community and the legal profession.

Supreme Court Library – the primary legal information provider in Queensland, servicing members of the legal profession, researchers, schools and the Queensland Courts.

Queensland Body Corporate and Community Management Commissioner – the role of the commissioner is to assist people who live, work or invest in the community future schemes.

Personal Property Securities Register – The PPS Register will allow lenders and businesses to register their security interests over personal property such as land, buildings, cars and intellectual property.  Secured parties, buyers and other interested parties can then search the PPS Register to find out if a security interest is registered over the personal property.

Neighbourhood Disputes Resolution Act 2011 – This Act commenced on 1 November 2011. The Act provides more effective remedies for neighbours to help resolve disputes about dividing fences and trees. It also gives jurisdiction to the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) to deal with these matters.